Book Club Special
- Do you think Tamara’s routine of walking around town alone as well as coming and going from her apartment without adult supervision is commonplace for children under the age of 12?
- What do you think about Pastor Butch’s lunch meeting? What advice would you give to the pastor friend who was making such a mess of his church?
- Why do you think Amber Smith didn’t act immediately when she thought something might be wrong with that van? Have you ever had a similar feeling at something you saw? What did you do?
- Pastor Butch really doesn’t know what to tell Tamara’s mother when he sees her the morning after the abduction. What do you think about how he handled it? Is there something more he should have said or done?
- Who is Shark? Do you think Shark is his real name? Why do you think he is able to convince Pastor Butch even after Butch kept denying his own intuition and internal witness?
- What do you think about the political dynamics of the way Pastor Butch had to go about getting the time off from work to look for Tamara? How is it like or different from churches you know?
- What is the trauma that Wyoming Wallace can’t escape from? Why do you think he is so resistant to Pastor Butch and Amber when they arrive at his home?
- A-OK Mekaniks is a cover operation for the child pipeline. Have you ever seen or heard in the news about a legitimate business being used as a cover operation for human trafficking?
- Pastor Butch has a hard time focusing during Lester Wooley’s funeral. What is on his mind?
- How do you feel about what Amber did in the cabin in the mountains? How would you have reacted differently?